Search This Blog

Monday, January 13, 2014

My Work - Painting

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! 
Positive energy and many blessing to everyone in 2014!!!



So, in the mist of decorating our bedroom, I had the itch to paint again. Previously "boo thang" and I had fabric panels at the head of the bed ( click here to view the fabric panel DIY) but after looking at them for the past few months I realized that I didn't really like how they turned out. I'm not completely getting rid of them but for now, they're off the wall. 


"Watch My Curves"
18x24"
Acyrlic on Canvas
NSH 2014



The inspiration for this piece was just freedom. I didn't have a particular design in mind but I knew what colors I wanted to use. From there, I began making strokes on the canvas until I saw "something". I must say I wasn't fond of it at first but the shading is what made me love it. Thus introducing our new piece(s) of art in the bedroom.

Hope you enjoyed!

- CreativelyCoiled.


4 comments:

  1. I really wanted to let you know I love your use of curves in your art. I notice that you often use curvatures in your pieces (no matter the medium you're using). When you start a project, is this inclusion of "curves" purposeful or just a random coincidence? Just curious.

    ~Ms. Naturally Random

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the love! I enjoy using curves and purposely do so because they are so free flowing and calm.

      Delete