Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

DIY

"Boo Thang" and I purchased a new bed and are now attempting to decorate our bedroom. If you have ever been our house or you are a follower of my blog you know that I love to make my own wall art. So it is not a surprise that I would look for a DIY art project for our bedroom.
I was on Pinterest and came across a pin that showed an assortment of DIY home decor projects for any room and I  immediately repinned it when I saw a DIY for fabric wall panels:
The post on Pinterest was done with [what I believe was] canvas so it would sit off the wall.
I recreated this using foam poster board.

Items you will need:


  • 2 foam poster boards
  • At least 1 yard of each fabric (of your choice)
  • Glue gun (and glue sticks)
  • Ruler
  • Box Cutter
  • Scissors
  • Iron
*And some assistance if needed. My sister helped me*
I purchased 2 poster boards in order to make 3 panels. Both poster were cut in half  using a knife (had to improvise because I have no clue of where my box cutter is *whomp whomp*). Each panel measures 15x20 inches.  The sections didn't come out clean cut but once you wrap them you wont notice the rough edges. 

Once your panels are cut you can start wrapping them in fabric. However, I'm one for attempting to utilize and item as many times as I can so I took the width of the ruler and traced it around the perimeter of the panel to  turn it into a frame (so the insides can be used for another project.

Once you have cut the panels to your preference, you can begin wrapping. Our fabric measures 22x23 inches the extra inches around the perimeter of the frame help with stretching the fabric around the frame for a smoother finish when it is time to glue. There is not a special technique when it comes to gluing. Take your hot glue gun and run a line of glue along the edge of the frame and then apply the fabric.

Once you have finished applying your fabric to the panel you can then hang them. With the panel being cut out like a frame you can use nails, push pins, or  double sided tape to mount the on the wall. 







And there you have it! We spaced our panels out with the intention of adding something between the panels (perhaps another DIY project). Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea. Thanks for sharing. Hmmm got an idea. I have a bare wall that needs something!

    ReplyDelete