Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pick 6 - Winter 2014


Winter is almost over and if you have not, I sure have had my fill of cold weather and I am looking forward to warmer weather. With that being said, it is time for my Winter #Pick6:





Random - NC weather is out of control at times: One day it is in the 70's then the very next day you are dealing with temperatures in the 30's. I'm not one for getting sick (as I am sure none of us are) so, when the temperature drops I'm prepared. I purchased this Timberland scarf and hat this Summer while at the Carolina Premium Outlets in Smithfield, NC. These are certainly being put to good use. 
Skin - I am sure you have seen these egg-shaped beauties everywhere. I must admit that I am obsessed with them. eos lip balms are always somewhere close by: in my drawer at work, my bag, and a container of them at home (yeah, it is that serious). They are made with shea butter and go on so smooth. I'm loving the pomegranate lip balm right now. 


Hair - Such a simple thing that I take for granted...Bobby Pins. In the cold weather I try to avoid wearing my hair loose but, at times I'm just not in the mood to really style it (ie: flat twist/braided up-dos). Now that my hair is getting longer I am able to rock chunky twist on the weekends and just pin them out of the way. Bobby pins also work great with keeping my Winter hats on.


Beauty - I am slowly building my makeup arsenal and decided to pick this up a while back. e.l.f. Studio Mineral Infused Primer. I'm must say...Thumbs up e.l.f.! A little goes a long way and when applied to my face my skin feels smooth like satin. I can definitely tell the difference when applying my makeup as it goes on smoother and my face does not look excessively oily (as it tends to no matter the season when I apply makeup). I am excited about seeing how this will work in the warmer months.

Fashion - Combat Boots are back! These Khalea Combat Boots in cognac from Target are lovely. I was a bit skeptical at first when I saw them because facing inward is a zipper on each boot but...I am so thankful for that zipper. Do you remember to hassle of lacing your boots up in the 90's?! 




Accessory - Another Target item I refused to pass on was this Limited Edition handbag backpack. O-My-G!!!! Is this not fly?! It functions as a back pack BUT there is this strap across the top and allows it to function as a regular handbag. It is the perfect size for everything that I take with me to work. At times a feel like the bag lady because I will have my bag, lunchbox (yes I have a lunchbox) and my thermos....Everything fits in this bag! An extra bonus that I purchased it for only $10.00. 

What were your favorites Items for Winter?







1 comment:

  1. What a lovely backpack! In sure it would make a great gift for any fashionista

    ReplyDelete