Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Looking back...

I'm participating in Return Of The Curls Photo A Day challenge on Instagram and day 5 we're to post a pic from our relaxer/relaxed days. I found 3 cute pictures of myself and it got me thinking:

1. Do I missed my relaxer/relaxed days?
Sometimes yes. To me my hair was a little more manageable at times. Close to the time I officially transtioned I wore a lot of half wigs that were of a looser textures than my natural hair so if I was having a bad hair day I could turn to one as an alternative. I can't find that now that I'm fully natural. I also miss easily curling my hair. I'm now stylist but I could work wonders with a flat iron and some oil sheen (lol).

2. Would I consider relaxing my hair again?
I'll never say never HOWEVER, I don't plan on doing so. I've said before that of I ever decided to relaxy hair again....I'm going to cut or short (like Missy Elliott Supa Dupa Fly short).

I must say, that overall I enjoyed my relaxed years up until things went sour. I always wanted to revert back to my natural state but after a few months I'd punk out. Still glad I made this choice and I'm loving it.

What are your views on relaxed hair? If natural, have you considered relaxing it (again)?

-CreativelyCoiled

3 comments:

  1. Interesting question. I've been natural for 2 years and during that time there have been many a time when I wished to be relaxed again. When I'm having a bad hair day, I always say..."if I was relaxed I could just throw my hair in a pony tail!" Not so much with relaxed hair. It's so easy to get discouraged (at least for me). I also miss the length I had, but this is also the main reason I won't go back to a relaxer any time soon. I'm determined to get the length I had when I was relaxed now that I'm natural. So until that time comes I won't be going back. Like you, I won't say never...but it's not likely!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! It is easy to get discouraged when it comes to your hair in its natural state. My hair was relaxed at the age of 6 so I hadn't really seen my texture to know what I was dealing with. Thanks to my mom and YouTube videos for making it easier to deal with :)

      Delete
  2. Great post. I've worn my hair naturally for about 6.5 yrs. I have had awesome hair days and horrid hair days. I can wear my hair naturally and straight if I like...I love not being afraid of the rain and I've totally embraced the "fuzziness"! Lol I've considered tex-lax before, I'm just not sure I'm ready to commit to such a permanent change. My mom has switched back and forth from natural to relaxed many times so I have an example that it's possible right in front of me. Final answer: we will see! :)

    ReplyDelete