Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Castor Oil


...Its not just used as a laxative (lol).

My introduction to Castor oil was in the early 90's as my mother would keep a bottle in the refrigerator in case the family had "trouble going" . And at the time I hated it however, Castor oil has many other uses:
  • Flavoring agent in food
  • Pain reducer
  • Immune system stimulant
  • Used in hair and skin care products (shampoos, lipsticks, soaps and more)
(referenced from Mercola.com)

Castor oil is one of my favorite oils to use during the colder seasons due to its thick consistency. With the oil being so thick I utilize it better in my mixture which consists of the following oils:  

  • Olive
  • Jojoba
  • Argan
  • Almond
  • Castor
This mixture is used for my hair and body.

Castor Oil alone can be used for a pre-poo, hot oil treatment, and simply as a scalp moisturizer. I have issues with dry scalp and applying this oil directly to my problem spots and massaging keeps dandruff and itchy scalp at bay. 

This oil also helps stimulate the scalp to promote hair growth, give shine, and when used on a regular, leaves your hair soft and easy to manage. 

There are different types of castor oil on the market. I use Home Health's Castor Oil (Cold Pressed, Cold Process) which can be found at Vitamin Shoppe.

So, has we roll into to the cooler part of the year take into consideration Castor Oil.  See if it works for you

-Creatively Coiled

No comments:

Post a Comment