Search This Blog

Friday, April 29, 2016

Flashback Friday| No more leads #NICUGRAD

After 91 days of hospitalization, I was more than excited to find out that Button would finally be coming home. We cleaned and prepped her room (for the most part) in preparation however, my excitement immediately turn into anxiety on the day of her discharge as the nurse removed the last cardiac monitoring lead from our little girls body...

...No more beeps... Or monitor watching her heart rate... No more hospital alarms...

I was so use to these noises that it became the norm. So those 1st few moments of just silence in our little corner of TCN were joyous yet scarey. "How do I know if she's OK without the monitors to watch?".

This was a reoccurring feeling when we were home as well: skin to skin time was usually quiet with TVs off So I could hear her breathing.



I am happy to say the Button is thriving thankfully without medications or machines and brings us so much joy and laugter (literally, she laughs now and it's contagious). 




4 comments: