Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

No Fast Food February| Update



UPDATE



Hello, back and give an update on the February challenge of not eating takeout food whatsoever...

I DIDN'T MAKE IT
*hangs head in shame...not really*

Of the 29 days I made it 19 without any sort of fast food or takeout. The temptation was real and at times it slipped my mind that I was suppose to go without:


  • Invitation to go out for sushi
  • Kind gesture of someone bringing buying fries
  • ...or pizza...
  • ...or ice cream...


Yeah, it was a bust however, I will say that I'm better off than I was 2yrs ago because I'm not compelled to buy a "quick meal" to combat hungry.

Avoid the easy way out (ie: fast food) has helped me realize that I'm an OK cook and I don't always need a recipe to follow to create a meal.

Aaaanywho... two meals that I really enjoyed to during the challenge and actually made multiple times in February were:



Vegetable stir-fry 
Spinach panini with creamy chicken soup








Even though the challenge is over and I failed miserably, I am still working on it because it helps save money by forcing me to cook what is already home and not allowing groceries to spoil. 

Did you participate in #NoFastFoodFebruary or any other monthly challenge?

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you should do monthly challenges? Like a water challenge (oz per day) or vegetable intake challenge (like more servings per day & logging)...what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you should do monthly challenges? Like a water challenge (oz per day) or vegetable intake challenge (like more servings per day & logging)...what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely need to do the water challenge. I've been horrible when it comes to replenishing lately.

      Delete