Search This Blog

Monday, July 20, 2015

Natural Hair Anniversary






July 2nd marked 6 years being relaxer free. This past year has simply been a year of maintaining health and trying new things.

In September, I finally got up the nerve to do give my self an undercut (click >>>here<<< for more on my cut). I am still loving this cut and I'm still able to do some of the styles that I did prior.
I also took this time to grow my color out because I just wasn't feeling it anymore. I honestly liked how the color looked once it began to grow out.

Things that I've learned this year about my hair this year? Nothing really. Other than the cut, I haven't really experimented with many products, styles or regimens. The previous years have taught me just enough to keep my hair in decent condition

Staple products? If you look at any of my Pick 6 post, you'll know that I am #TeamSheaMoisture...This also applies to hair products; I use their Superfruit Complex shampoo and conditioner for cleansing, my whipped shea butter mixture as well as home mix of oils (whatever I choose to mix) to lock in moisture. For styling products, I use Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Curl Defining Pudding.

Go-to styles? With my cut, I have been wearing "The Puff" on a regular (mainly because I rarely feel like doing my hair). I have also done faux top knots, pompadours and my version of a Halo braid or what I like to call the twisted crown.

No real plans this year with  my hair other than possibly coloring it again. I am really interested in trying out Shea Moisture's Hair Color system... And although the "internets" is saturated with tutorials on this product, I may come with a demo.




No comments:

Post a Comment