Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

OOTD - Wedding Day


August 27th Marks the 2 month Wedding Anniversary for "Boo Thang" and I. We had a very small ceremony with our parents, grandparents, and siblings at the J.O.P. (Justice Of Peace).

The initial game plan was that we were not going to go all out (dress up and whatnot). But after talking with our friends and family, we decided to help make the day extra special, we would dress up a bit.




I knew for a fact that I was not going to spend a lot of money on a dress. So the hunt was on to look for a nice, simple, and cheap dress that could be re-purposed.





Dress:        "Something NewLace V-                                 Hemline Skater Dress (Torrid)

Shoes:       Re-purposed from a friends                                wedding (Payless)
Pearls:      "Something Borrowed" (from                          my Sister)
Earrings: "Something Old" Pearl with gold                        trim (from Mother)
                     "Something Blue" stud earrings                        (gifted)









Thank you to all that gave us the side eye when I explained that we had not planned on dressing up because "We're just going to the Court House". I really was not that pressed about getting jazzy but it makes SO MUCH SENSE now looking back because we have photos...Decent photos to commemorate our day. I honestly have no clue WHAT we were thinking. Now before you all say "what the heck were you going to wear?" let me explain: I joked with a lot of people saying we were going to wake up and throw on some sweats then head to the J.O.P. That was so not true...But I was going to wear some dress pants/slacks, a nice top, and some flats and leave it at that. This was a much better alternative.





- Creatively Coiled

4 comments: