Search This Blog

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Living the Lie - Eyebrows

If you took a look at my previous blog post you are aware that I draw on/ fill in my eyebrows. Now this goes without saying that I am aware of the fact that people are not seeing how I truly look at all times ( as I am sure all women who do this are aware of ). And I am OK with that.

I have had the conversation with my fiancee a few times as he has expressed his concern with my drawing my brows. Especially considering the fact that when we began talking (over 8 years ago) I did not wear makeup...Let alone draw on my eyebrows. He is still not a fan of "the brows" but is getting a bit more comfortable with it since I do it on regular now. He states that he does not like it simply because "it's fake".
I feel that as long as they look realistic/natural it is OK... Just like makeup: you can wear makeup and still have a natural look. I do draw my brows on however I try to avoid making them look too dramatic.

There is a YouTube video entitled RNP #1: YOUR EYEBROWS which is the a spoken word video where a guy is expressing his concern with the fact that a female woke up next to him the following morning with her face [makeup...including eyebrows] left on the pillow. I found this video to HILARIOUS because it is so true. On the few nights that I was to too lazy/tired to clean my face, I find that I've rubbed [my] eyebrows off.

What are your views on filling in eyebrows?
Do you draw or fill yours in?
How what are you spouses views on this?


-CreativelyCoiled

3 comments:

  1. Too funny. Tell your fiancee to get over it! But make sure you tell him I still love him. I do need him coming after me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fill my brows with brow powder normally. They look okay to me. I've tried to stop tweezing for the most part. At first I wanted to reshape my brows, which requires them to grow back. But, after my first wax, I loved their shape and I've pretty much left them alone. I clean them up here and there, but I usually try not to touch them. But...on those days that I accidentally pluck one too many hairs when I'm cleaning them up, I pull out a pencil and start coloring, filling, and drawing like a kindergartner. I hate those days.

    The hubby is used to it. I told him that if I die before he does, please make sure my brows are done for the funeral. He reassured me that they'll be on. And snickered behind my back and said he'd draw them on himself so that I would look like Hatchet Face from Cry Baby....the jerk.

    ReplyDelete